|In every other country the Consulting Arm of PwC was acquired by IBM Corp as a part of their Global Business Services division, but not in Malaysia...|
This was a lock,stock and barrel acquisition, including all ongoing businesses, as well as assets and liabilities.
This is an open letter to Mr. Eric Ooi Lip Aun, Mr. Mohammad Faiz bin Mohammad Azmi and Mr Uthaya Kumar, all three gentlemen of PwC Malaysia, and CCed to Mr. Rama Nathan, the MD of IBM Malaysia.
Gentlemen, as the three of you are lobbying very hard to be the next Chairman of PwC Malaysia, we now throw down the gauntlet to you, and ask that you answer some vexing questions with regards to the misconduct of some of your fellow senior partners, as the following points will exhibit
1. In 2002 IBM Corp acquired PwC Consulting worldwide, which must include PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting Sdn Bhd (464379-U), the consulting arm of PricewaterhouseCoopers in Malaysia.
2. As part of the condition given by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ), in the letter from the Office of the Chief Accountant , failure to comply with any of the terms, representations or conditions enumerated in the letter will vitiate this no-action position.
3. How is it that Dato' Ahmad Johan bin Mohammad Raslan and Lee Tuck Heng remain as shareholders of PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting Sdn Bhd (464379-U),which should be under the Global Business Services division of IBM, when PricewaterhouseCoopers is the Auditor for IBM Malaysia Sdn Bhd?
|Does this make Dato' Johan Raslan and Lee Tuck Heng de facto shareholders in IBM in Malaysia?|
4. How is it that Chin Kwai Fatt remains as a Director of PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting Sdn Bhd (464379-U), which should be under the Global Business Services division of IBM, when PricewaterhouseCoopers is the Auditor for IBM Malaysia Sdn Bhd?
|And Directors for IBM's GBS division in Malaysia?|
5. How does the disposal of the company known as PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting (East Asia) Sdn Bhd, which was renamed as PwC Consulting Malaysia Sdn Bhd (289801-A) on 20-11-2001 fulfill the terms of the global acquisition of PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting Sdn Bhd by IBM Corp.? And who are the persons named as the Directors, and in what way are they or have they been a part of PricewaterhouseCoopers in Malaysia?
|What was sold to IBM here?|
|Who are these Directors, are they from PwC?|
6. Mr Faiz Azmi, you are the Chairman of the Malaysian Accounting Standards Board, and will most probably be the next Chairman of PwC Malaysia, please highlight to the Malaysian people, how this will in no way turn out to be a Malaysian version of an 'Enron'esque scandal? This is a clear cut case of white collar crime.
We end with this paragraph from the PwC Code of Conduct.
Those who violate the Code or PwC policies and procedures
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
dismissal. Disciplinary measures will also apply to anyone
who directs or approves infractions or has knowledge
of them and does not promptly move to correct them.
|How can this be?|